Mission/ Objectives

Stadtmarketing Halle (Saale) GmbH Corporate Mission Statement

Stadtmarketing Halle (Saale) GmbH (acronym: SMG) was founded on 25/06/2003 “to raise national and international awareness about the enormous potential of Halle on the Saale; [...] to develop the City of Halle into a brand; to work out the brand's core values and to ensure this is consistently communicated, both internally and to the outside world.” The mission statement of SMG is: “to create a conceptual design, to establish and market a unique profile of the City of Halle on a national and international level”. This includes the development of tourist packages, projects and themes that carry potential for the city; the development of overall concepts; the coordination of events that draw public interest; and the sharpening of internal and external perception, using an integrated, collaborative approach. SMG employs the tools of destination, city, event and convention management, as well as marketing and public relations.

SMG is a municipal holding company with the City of Halle (Saale) as the majority shareholder (55%), and the other 45% of the shares are held by private interest groups and the Martin Luther University of Halle-Wittenberg (5%). These organizations combine the interests of commerce (Pro Halle [Saale] e.V.; 25 %), tourism (Förderverein Region Halle [Saale] e.V.; 10 %), and retail (City-Gemeinschaft Halle e.V.; 5 %) for the purpose of city marketing. The organizations also contribute substantially to the financing of the company.

SMG collects other funds by advertising in perspective through models of pool-building and cooperative marketing, as well as through partner-funded realizations of individual marketing measures.

City Marketing: Moderator in Collaborative Marketing

SMG can reference a number of successful networks which enable the exchange of ideas, budget sharing, and a focus on nationally important features for communication to the outside world. Tourism in particular needs movers and shakers who can tell a good story with enthusiasm. SMG does not see itself as a service provider of any institution, but combines, filters, initiates and prepares according to target groups. Noteworthy examples of this, in the field of cultural tourism: our campaign “Kulturhäuptlinge – nurbeiuns.de“ and our collaboration with the Leipzig Book Fair and the publishers of the City of Halle (Saale).

Halle’s leading cultural, educational and scientific institutions have showcased themselves since 2008 with the symbol of seven coloured feathers, which are symbolic of the seven cultural chiefs of Handel City Halle: the Handel House Foundation; the Francke Foundation; the Moritzburg Art Museum of Halle; the State Museum of Prehistory; the Martin Luther University of Halle-Wittenberg; the Burg Giebichenstein College of Fine Arts; and the Halle Theatre, Opera and Orchestra GmbH. They all share the USP and competence slogan „nur bei uns“ (only here). Through active cooperation, bundled budgets, and collective marketing expertise in the field of national marketing, our culture and knowledge network is able to create an advertising presence with the clout and attention that each individual institution would find very hard to achieve by itself. 

Transparent work

If you require more background information or would like to know more about our work, please contact us. We are always available for conversations, discussions, suggestions and explanations. 

SEARCH FOR HOTEL

Destination: Halle (Saale)
Arrival:
Departure:
Adults:
Children:
Search
 
 
 
It’s truly astounding that … the city of Halle has been holding the Handel Festival since 1922 to honour its great son.
 
 
© 2018 Stadtmarketing Halle (Saale) GmbH